Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pain in the Neck

Have been suffering from headaches over recent weeks and have decided it is probably a postural thing from sticking my neck out somewhat.  Have resolved to stand up straight, get plenty of fresh air and try not to worry.  Hopefully they will go away.

Had my annual appointment with the neurologist recently and apart from my rather awkward gait caused by my gammy leg and glute muscle I think she thought the status quo was Ok as far as pills go.  The main thing she said was to avoid fluctuations and suggested having my sinamet three and a half hours apart so as I keep on an even keel throughout the day.

Also went to a coffee morning at Kings Plant Barn last week and caught up with some of the women I see there, all looking fit and well.

Have taken a break from the choir during the last few wet and cold weeks but will start up again. As well as being good for the voice it is uplifting to sing and something I wouldn't otherwise do on my own.

The speech language therapist visited this week too and she thought my voice was sounding loud enough.  She is going to put me through my paces of the Lee Silverman method for maintaining volume.  It is an intensive 4 week programme four days a week for an hour, with an extra 20 minutes of practice.  

I have been trying to find out a bit about the artists of these pictures which belonged to my mother.  The top one is a small watercolour, not sure if it is a print or original by the Austrian artist Faistauer, painted in 1924. The lower two are Swiss scenes , lithographs signed Marc, which was the name Nicholas Markevitch used for his lithographic prints.  




No comments: