Thursday, May 08, 2014

Coffee Time

This week I went to the Parkinson's coffee morning at Orakei, a lovely ride in the train past the waterfront Parnell Baths and  Orakei Basin.  There were about 8 of us and our community educator had prepared a couple of PowerPoint presentations on fatigue and sleep.  Kept us focused. Most of the others have these problems so I am not alone.  
If I wake these days after going to bed I get up straight away and make a milky drink and take half a pill .  I usually go back to sleep though sometimes feel groggy in the morning.
I take it easy the next day  though yesterday had  a busy spell in the kitchen late afternoon dealing to some pumpkin by turning it into a rich orange soup with carrots, potato and a bacon hock.  Whizzed it and it tastes very nice and smooth and is easy to swallow.
Am doing a jigsaw of Mansion House  on Kawau Islamd with the bay in front of it with boats, people ,sand and sea. I am enjoying it and should be able to complete it over the days of a couple of weeks doing a few pieces every now and  then when I pass the open dining room. It is good for the hand-eye coordination and I have to stop myself using my left hand and keeping my right hand nimble too. The photo below is , of course, Rangitoto taken on the way to Waiheke last weekend.


No comments: