Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Living and Laughing with Parkinson's

is the title of a book I just received in the mail today written and illustrated by Anne Atkin, an Australian woman who has written this wonderful book detailing some of the more common and lesser known  symptoms and has drawn very quirky cartoons illustrating some of the situations she has been in as a result, and the comments of people witnessing them.   I saw the cartoons displayed at the Brisbane conference and ordered the book from her online when I got back to New Zealand.   She is a strong believer in the positive affects of creativity and, in her case, art therapy .  And I may even give it a go myself as a result. Both text and cartoon complement each other nicely with just the right amount of medical detail for the most squeamish of friends or family. 

It was published by Memoirs Foundation, Burwood East, Vic., for Anne Atkin in 2011.  ISBN 978-0-9870600-3-7

No comments: