Friday, May 18, 2012

Coming out with Parkinsons

Most of my friends and many others know that I am getting on with life in spite of a diagnosis of Parkinsons about three years ago.   I thought at that time things would be far worse than in fact they have been.  I can cope with a bit of shaking, a modicum of stiffness on one side and  concentrate on doing things I can do and finding ways to still do the  other things that are affected by Parkinson's.

There are things like exercise on a daily basis which along with the daily doses of dopamine in the form of Sinamet  is the mainstay of  my well-being .  I also find singing in the Celebration Choir  a great morale booster .  I took up indoor bowls to improve the performance of my right arm  and by persevering  and concentrating hard over the weeks and the couple of years  I can manage to hold my own .   I carry on with the domestic crafts and art  I had enjoyed over many years and manage to enjoy travel and holidays.

Each week is full of activity underscored by the fact that I am living with Parkinson's  and I can honestly say that I am living life to the full.

No comments: