Friday, April 08, 2016

Being sick with Parkinson's

I seem to have picked up a cough and a cold after a lovely few days at Orewa and  probably should have done more than wait for it to go away.  Ten days later the vestiges of it are still there.  There are medications that don't agree with the Parkinson's ones and I was very cautious about not taking any of  the cough mixtures that E had lying around the house.  In the end I did try one strawberry-flavoured one which was probably suitable for children  and wouldn't interact and cause whatever dire consequences those with ephedrine, I think it was, had in it.  

So had a woeful week at home and had to cancel all sorts of activities and gatherings.  Thankfully D didn't come down with it. And E moved out over to Herne Bay for a couple of months while we plan and execute our move there ourselves.

I am the type of person that likes to do things gradually so I am carrying on decluttering .  This week it was the vintage luggage. 



This old La Mondiale suitcase cum cabin trunk belonged to my mother and probably dated back to her arrival in NZ in 1939. It sold the same day I listed it.  Going to somebody who refurbishes vintage luggage and then resells it.  


This is a Rotorua Steel Trunk which I did give a coat of metal paint to about 20 years ago.  It sat in the front porch  for a while but it might as well go to a new home too.
I love the deco lining of this old hat box of my mother's.
Maybe I will keep the two of them and put a few of my favourite things in them and display them somewhere in the new house, somewhere where I won't trip over them though! 

No comments: