Sunday, January 18, 2015

Resolutions

Half of January has already gone without my formalising any special goals for the year. There  is the ongoing desire to keep fit and well which I accomplish by going to the gym.  Then there is the desire to keep buoyant and positive and not fall prey to anxiety or depression,heaven forbid. The warmer weather means sleep is lighter and wakeful periods more frequent and  I find myself ruminating more on life and its vicissitudes.

Tied in with the low level of dopamine is my all too long use of my iPad at any time of the day but starting early before rising. This might be one activity which is bordering on the Parkinson's phenomon called punding , the curious repetion of some activity that relieves pressure and makes you feel good if you're luckyl This is one activity that I could try and reduce if only to prove to myself I can do so.let's see.

No comments: