Thursday, October 31, 2013

You raise me up!

I listened to a performance of the Celebration Choir singing this at Holy Trinity cathedral when Professor  Richard Faull gave the Reeves lecture recently and that and other snippets of songs we sing are in my subconscious a lot of the time.  I have an ear worm which can get to be quite tiresome except in the case of You raise me up it serves to remind me the importance and value of friends along the journey of a chronic illness.

Not  that Parkinson's seems to be a disease or illness, more of a condition which makes its presence felt in new and tiresome ways from time to time.   However the right professional or friend seems to turn up offering advice or a solution to make life easier. 

My digestive process seems to be sluggish at getting going and I now have some pills to take before meals to get this process working better, as the radiologist's report on what happens after I swallow food showed the problem was advanced.  I knew it all along but all the same it came as a shock hearing the truth. 


The double pink rose is from our garden and has the most beautiful fragrance delighting my sense of smell which is somewhat affected by Parkinson's too.  



No comments: